Monday, December 20, 2021

Science Experiment - Finished!

While I was letting my subconscious mind work on the question of what to do next on my Joy to the World project I focused on finishing up my Science Experiment shawl, completing it on December 16.  After finishing up 3 repeats of pattern B I switched to pattern C and worked the rest of the shawl in that pattern.  I didn’t quite work 6 repeats of pattern C, finishing on row 12.  When I bound off all the stitches I had about 1 foot left of color 25.  I love it when I use up all of my yarn, and win at yarn chicken.

Blocking took me a bit longer than I thought it would. And used up most of my blockers.  I ended up blocking the lace edge straight.  It just seemed to want to do that.  I absolutely love the gradiance of this set.  It is just so perfect, and goes so perfectly with the theme of the set - the Hertzsprung-Russel diagram for categorizing stars.


Day 1: Xi Persei
Day 2: 10 Lacertae
Day 3: Spica
Day 4: Achernar
Day 5: Regulus
Day 6: Deneb
Day 7: Vega
Day 8: Altair
Day 9: Canopus
Day 10: Polaris
Day 11: Procyon
Day 12: Delta Draconis
Day 13: Capella
Day 14: 51 Pegasi
Day 15: Epsilon Indi
Day 16: Aldebaran
Day 17: Arcturus
Day 18: Pollux
Day 19: Proxima Centauri
Day 20: Trappist-1
Day 21: Bernard’s Star
Day 22: Gacruxx
Day 23: Mira
Day 24: Antares
Day 25: Betelgeuse

Pattern:  The Science Experiment by Melinda Measor
Yarn:  Mad Scientist Yarns Hybrid, 2020 Jekyll Advent Calendar
Needles:  US 6 (4 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment