Monday, December 20, 2021

Joy to the World - Two Triangles Done!

One of these days I will learn to actually read the directions all the way through.  I sort of read them, and then I didn’t go back and look at them when I started knitting, so instead of decreasing the number of rows that I knit with each of the mini skeins I knit the same number of rows - 10.  And then wondered how that was going to work for making 5 more triangles.  Of course it wasn’t going to work.  I realized my mistake as I was knitting the last couple of mini skeins, but at that point I decided that I was committed and did not want to rip back or change what I was doing, so I just went with it.  I do like the size of my triangle.  The original pattern was more of a long scarf, which I’m just not that in to.  I did manage to get a second matching triangle out of the yarn.  Here are the weights of the mini-skeins after knitting the second triangle:

1 - 15 g
2 - 13.8 g
3 - 12.4 g
4 - 10.8 g
5 - 9.7 g
6 - 6.9 g
7 - 6.2 g
8 - 4.9 g
9 - 3.4 g
10 - 1.5 g

Just made it.  Now I have to decide what to do next.

Pattern:  Joy to the World by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Biscotte Yarns Bis-Sock & The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment