Saturday, March 6, 2021

Spirits of the Season - Finished!

Well, that was a fun and surprisingly addictive knit.  I think it would be fun to knit it up in two colors.  Blocking was reasonably straightforward.

It took me several tries to get the pick up of the edging so that things lined up correctly.  The shawl wears surprisingly well also.  I wasn’t sure with the tapered design, but it actually works.  I was a little nervous knitting the last contrast color section wondering if I would have enough yarn, but I finished with almost 2 grams to spare.  Here are all the yarns used.

MC - Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock - Edwards Volvo
CC1 - Spun Right Round Merino Singles - Belly Flop
CC2 - the periwinkle sheep merino single - You Are Loved
CC3 - Hedgehog Fibres Sock - Birthday Cake
CC4 - madelinetosh Tosh Sock - Hosta Blue
CC5 - Spun Right Round Merino Singles - Moon Dance
CC6 - the periwinkle sheep merino single - Fuschia Agate
CC7 - Koigu KPPPM - P127

Pattern:  Spirits of the Season by Amy Gunderson
Yarn: Various
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment