Thursday, March 25, 2021

Box of Chocolates - Finished!

 

And speaking of large shawls...after finishing up my Raspberry Cordial Shawlette I turned my attention back to this shawl, which took over 1600 yards of yarn (1644 according to my project page).  The last clue was pretty easy, although I was a little worried about having enough of the purple yarn (I had a couple of grams to spare).  Blocking was a bit of a challenge.
Not the best photo, but it does show the challenges.  I just let the shawl do what it wanted to do and didn’t even pin it except for the two points at the end of the curve at the top.

It is easy to where, thanks to the shape, and it is huge.

Pattern:  Box of Chocolates MKAL by Hilary Latimer 
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment