Sunday, March 14, 2021

Raspberry Cordial Shawlette - Cast On

I know I don’t really need another project on the needles, but last week the Miss Babs newsletter had kits for an upcoming (as in starting this weekend) mini knit-along by Casapinka.  The name of the pattern is Raspberry Cordial Shawlette and the kits on offer inspired me to do a little stash surfing.  I quickly came up with these.
All three are from The Unique Sheep, on their fingering weight Kiri yarn (wool/silk blend).  The pink is Pandemic Pink, dyed by Laura early last year in response to the pandemic and lock down.  The other two are leftovers from a Spring Trio.  The speckled skein is Wildflower and the blue is Bluebird Skies.

The pattern is pretty straightforward, except for the instructions for the increases in the middle of the shawl, which referred to markers (placed after yarn overs, which I loath).  After several rows I figured out what was going on, noticed I had missed a yarn over on the edge a few row backs, ripped back and started over, ditching the markers.  No more confusion.

 Pattern:  Raspberry Cordial Shawlette by Casapinka
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment