Saturday, March 13, 2021

Box of Chocolates - Clue 8 Done

 

I finished up Clue 8 (the penultimate clue) this past Thursday.  It didn’t take me all that long, even thought I had to rip back a few rows.  I was knitting on autopilot and failed to notice the pattern changed on row 9 until I got to row 11.  As a rule I don’t use lifelines, but I do have a handy tool for capturing stitches before I pull the needles and rip back.

Essentially it is a skinny knitting needle attached to a long cable with a stopper at the other end.  I have four of these, two long and two short.  I think I picked them up at The Loopy Ewe when I had some Loopy cash that needed spending and didn’t want to buy more yarn.  You can also use them as a stitch holder.  There is a hole in the stopper that you can pass the needle through to secure everything.  The biggest challenge is making sure that you stay on a single row, I keep a cable needle handy for grabbing those stitches until I can safety transfer them back to my working needle.  Once I’ve inserted this I pull my working needles and start ripping.  Then I transfer the stitches back to my working needle.

Out of curiosity I took a picture of the shawl so far on my dress maker dummy.

Reminds me of a layer cake at this point.  We’ll see how it comes out after the last clue, which apparently uses all of the colors.

Pattern:  Box of Chocolates MKAL by Hilary Latimer
Yarn:  Sunshine Yarns Classic Sock
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)



No comments:

Post a Comment