Saturday, August 10, 2019

Desert City Wattage - Cast On

Of course, with the coming of August, comes the third Camp Loopy project.  This one was easy, just pick your favorite yarn.  One of my favorite yarns is Dream in Color.  I love color.  For this project I picked a color with a lot of life.  The colorway is Desert City Wattage and the picture does not do it justice.  It doesn't help that it is pretty jumbled up on the needles.  For the pattern I picked one of my favorites for showing off beautiful yarns, Practically by Kelly Herdrich.  This is my fourth time knitting the pattern, and won't be the last.  Oddly enough I couldn't find my marked up printed pattern so I pulled it into knitCompanion.  I had figured out the increases for the yoke, but figured them out again and even tweaked them a little to try to make them a little more symmetric.
Here is another photo after I've bound off the cropped sleeves and started working the body.  I'm almost through the second skein.  This is nice relaxing knitting that I can read while working on.

Pattern:  Practically by Kelly Herdrich
Yarn:  Dream in Color City in Desert City Wattage
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment