Saturday, August 24, 2019

Artsygal - Main Border Finished!

I finished up the border on the decrease edge and the cast on edge last night.  I still have 27 grams of yarn, enough to do another knit on border across the increase edge, which is the neck edge of the shawl.  I am going to use a portion of the same border that I used on the other two edges, it just won't be as deep.  I've picked up stitches along the neck edge, but I had to cut my yarn and start picking up the stitches at the opposite end so that when I start working the knit on border the color sequence of the border will not be interrupted.  I joined my yarn to the tail of my cast on, which anchored it nicely and takes care of having to weave in either of those ends.
I debated working some short rows at the corner between the decrease edge and the live stitches edge, but in the end I decided that the turn angle was shallow enough that blocking will take care of things.  You can see the remains of my second skein sitting on top of the dress maker dummy.

Pattern:  improvised
Yarn:  Artsygal
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment