Monday, August 19, 2019

Artsygal 1 - One Skein Finished!

I finished up the first skein and attached the second skein and started working a border on the bottom edges.  I picked a wide border to use up as much of the second skein as possible.  This border is from a pattern called Damask Rose that was part of a Unique Sheep club a while back.  I modified the chart to make it garter stitch lace, in keeping with the garter stitch of the body.  I ran out of the first skein while knitting a right side row on the body, attached the second skein, and when I got to the end of the row I grabbed another needle and started picking up stitches every other row (between the purl bumps) on the decrease edge of the shawl.  Then I cast on for the edging and started working my way back.  The decrease edge had exactly the right number of stitches to get 10 repeats of the border pattern.  The live stitch edge has enough stitches for 10.5 repeats.  When I get done with that I think I will work another edging across the top, but work it so that the right side shows when it is folded back.  I'm having fun playing with this shawl.  I was telling my husband that when you have a skein of yarn that is very precious you are reluctant to just play with it.  With these skeins I don't have any reluctance at all and I'm quite enjoying the results.

Pattern:  improvised
Yarn:  Artsygal 3-Ply Merino
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment