Saturday, July 7, 2018

Rapunzel and Rapunzel Redux - Clue 1

The latest Unique Sheep Mystery Knit Along started yesterday - Rapunzel.  Above is the first clue from my test knit.  I am also knitting along doing a live hack to make a smaller version of the shawl.  The original is big.  Instead of a 4-skein shawl set (1260 yards), it uses a 5-skein shawl set (1575 yards).
I picked Black Day Lily on Eos for my test knit.  Eos is a silk/wool blend, but the wool dominates and it is one of my favorite lace weight yarns.  I've been wanting to knit something with this colorway for a while.  I used gold iridescent beads from my stash.

For my Rapunzel Redux I pulled a 4-skein set of Eos from voluminous stash - Sunset Road.
I decided to add extra beads on my second version.
I added beads to all of the double decreases in the wings.  I am again using beads from my stash - silver lined gold.  They are a little hard to pick out because they blend with the color of this skein - but wait until I get to the dark skein...

Pattern:  Rapunzel Shawl by Janine Le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Eos
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)



No comments:

Post a Comment