Sunday, July 29, 2018

Blueberry Fields Shrug - Three Stripes Done

I've been working on a pseudo-test knit - for yarn quantities for a kit - plus staying up with my Rapunzel Redux, which means I haven't had as much time for some of my other projects.  I did manage to work some on this one, mostly because this is my stupidly simple knitting project for when I'm tired or watching something that actually requires me to pay attention (like Endeavor).  I have finished up the third stripe and started the fourth.  I like the color arrangement much better now - the color balance feels right.

My husband and I have been watching the Leonard Bernstein programs that aired on TCM in honor of his 100th birthday.  They are marvelous shows, he was an amazing man, and I'm finally learning some music theory.  It makes me want to learn more.  I have been very lax in my piano practicing.  For a while I was doing well, but then I let other things get in the way, and once you start to break a discipline, it decays very quickly.  I have found that is true with a lot of activities - like exercise.  I try not to beat myself up too much when I skip an activity, after all, every day presents you with a new opportunity to practice the discipline or activity that you want to cultivate.  As long as you don't fall into the trap of Scarlet - because there won't always be tomorrow, that is why we should always try to make the most of today.  I just don't believe in guilt and self-recrimination, they just create a lot of negative energy, and if you put negative energy out into the universe, that is what you get back.  If you don't like something in your life, figure out a way to change it, or change your attitude towards it.  You know, the old Serenity Prayer.  I just wish there were more hours in the day or days in the week - there are just so many things that I want to learn and do.

Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment