Saturday, June 16, 2018

English Garden - Making Progress

This project also took the trip to Bead & Button with me, and I did manage to make some progress on it.  I am now through the A and C color sections and about to start the B and C color section.  I need to get some of my WIPs done as I have some projects that I want to get started on, including some designs of my own.

This is a semi-circular shawl, which I had started on April 2, but then it sat in one of my project bags for two months until I restarted it on June 1, modifying the start to give it a better neckline.  I also modified the cast on.  The pattern called for knitting an I-cord and then picking up stitches in the I-cord, which I thought was just making your point the hard way.  I did an I-cord cast on instead.
I also started out deeper in the shawl, to make the neckline more wearable.  The yarn I am using is one of the Spring Trios from The Unique Sheep.  English Garden on Kiri.


Pattern:  Snowmelt Shawl by Helen Stewart
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri - Spring Trio - English Garden
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment