Saturday, June 23, 2018

English Garden - Finished!

Last week I concentrated on finishing up my English Garden shawl, and thanks to coming home early on Wednesday with a migraine I was able to finish it.  Here is a shot of it blocking on my spiffy new gridded blocking mats.
When I got to the final green lace section I discovered that I was short 4 stitches (yes, I do make mistakes, and no, I don't always catch them).  I didn't know at the time what happened (I didn't really try to figure it out, I just counted my stitches noted the discrepancy and kept knitting), but when I was blocking the shawl I found them - four missed yarn overs on the last increase row.  I fudged the lace pattern at the edges to make it work.

Pattern:  Snowmelt Shawl by Helen Stewart
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri - Spring Trio - English Garden
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment