Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Beach Party Shrug - Center Panel Done

There are two things that happen in June:  Bead & Button, and Camp Loopy.  I did sign up for Camp Loopy but I haven't started my June project yet.  I'm not going to put any pressure on myself, if I do it, I do it, if I don't, I don't.  I just got back from Bead & Button yesterday, after driving for two days (from Milwaukee WI to King George VA).  I'll go back to work tomorrow.  This looks to be our last Bead & Button show.  I go there to work for my sister, who is the co-owner of Beadcats.  The show has declined a lot since I started working for them in 2001.  That was the only year that I was able to fly to the show.  Starting in 2002 I drove, bring all of the booth infrastructure and they flew, shipping the stock.

I actually started this shrug in May after finishing up the center panel for the Blueberry Fields Shrug.  I took this, along with both of my other in progress shrugs (ECOLO and Blueberry Fields) along with me.  I finished up the center panel while working in the booth - business was that slow.

These small projects fit perfectly in my small project bag, that Carol Perrenoud, the other half of Beadcats, made.
I wore it on my wrist and could knit while working in the booth.


Pattern:  Traveling Zebra Shrug by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-sock
Needles:  US 2.5 (3 mm) and US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment