Saturday, February 24, 2018

Saltwater Taffy Myndie - Skein 1 Done

I have been making progress on my enlarged Myndie, finishing up the first skein - Saltwater Bananas - last night and getting a good start on the second skein - Saltwater Mangoes.  I really wanted to get this one to a point where I felt confident that it was going to work and that I was going to be happy with it, and I am pleased to say that I have reached that point.  I'm doing the skein switches at the end of a repeat instead of in the middle.  I think this just gives it a cleaner look.  I will do another shawl like this using the Bright and Bold solid colors from my Advent Kit, which will use up all of the skeins from that set.

Pattern:  Myndie by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Rare Breed, Bright & Bold Advent Calendar 2018
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment