Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Saltwater Taffy - Myndie / Kallara Mashup

Earlier this month I restarted the Saltwater Taffy using the Myndie pattern, but as I neared the first switch I knew I would have more yarn left over than I wanted to, and I wanted to end up with a shawl bigger than Myndie.  So this past weekend I restarted it using the Kallara pattern, but I'm not really happy with that one either.
I like the look of the eyelets from Myndie, but I want the size of Kallara so I decided to do a bit of a mashup.  I've modified the Myndie pattern to work more increases.  These shawls are pretty simple in their construction.  There are two increase sections and two decrease sections.  The first increase section has increases on both sides of the central double decrease.  The second increase section has increases only on one side of the central double decrease.  The first decrease section has decreases only one side of the central double decrease and the second decrease has decreases on both sides until you run out of stitches.  To make Myndie larger I will work more increase sections and more decrease sections, using the stitch counts from Kallara as a guide.

So, instead of working 8 repeats of increase section 1, I will work 10 repeats, which will give me 70 stitches at that point instead of 58.  I will then work 14 repeats of increase section 2 instead of 10, which will give me 117 stitches instead of 97.  On the other side, I will work 24 repeats of decrease section 1, instead of 20 and 18 repeats of decrease section 2 instead of 16.

Pattern:  Myndie / Kallara mashup
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Bright & Bold Advent Calendar
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment