Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Basic Toe Up Socks 6 - One Sock Done

I keep a small project bag in my work bag for emergency knitting.  I've been keeping a sock project in there because it is easy to pick up and put down.  I started this one on the drive back from our annual Christmas trip to Florida.  I finished up the foot on December 28 and it has taken me all this time to finish the rest of the sock and then snap a quick picture (not the best, I know, but you get the idea).  I haven't had much knitting at work time - no endless telecons to knit to, but I have been doing some reading of technical documents, and knitting while I read always helps me stay focused.  I finished up the knitting on Monday and did the bind off tonight.  I haven't posted much this past month, but I've been working on a test knit, which I couldn't post about, and a sample knit, which I somehow never got around to posting about.  It's been one of those months.   But we should get back to our regularly scheduled program.

There are some exciting things on the horizon.  Biscotte has asked me to write up my shrug modification to the Traveling Zebra pattern, and they are even paying me for it!  They sent me a beautiful yarn pack to knit the sample in.  More on that later.  I've also been playing around with some design ideas, and I need to start my next Tudor Roses project.  So stay tuned - much yarny goodness to come.

Pattern:  Basic Toe-Up Sock from Custom Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Felix
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment