Sunday, February 26, 2017

Morphology - Progress Check

I have been using this project as a default easy project when I don't feel like working on anything complicated.  The picture above shows where I was last weekend.  I do like the tighter tension I am getting on the smaller needles, even though it means I don't get the color pooling that I was getting on the first go around.  I know some folks don't like color pooling, but I always have.  This past week I got to the point where the second color is introduced.
The pattern indicates that you shouldn't cut the yarn between the stripes, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to carry the blue up without creating distortions.  I screwed up when I switched back to the yellow skein and ended up cutting the blue to fix the problem.  I have several more opportunities to figure it out.

Pattern:  Morphology by A. Karen Alfke
Yarn:  Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight in Sprinkles and Shannanogins
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment