Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hale-Bopp MKAL - Slip Stitch Section Clue 1 - Slight Redo

As I was working on Clue 2 I realized that I had a mistake in the slip stitch section of Clue 1.  The floats from my last 3 rows of slipped stitches were lining up instead of being staggered.  This morning (after working the garter stitch and lace section of Clue 2) I spotted the mistake.  It had been bugging me all weekend and there was nothing for it but to rip back and fix it.  At least I only had to redo the last 4 rows of the slipped stitch section.  The first time I knit it I had the floats on the wrong side, literally.  But that is one of the things that I like about knitting, you can rip back and fix things, even if it takes multiple tries to do it (so long as your yarn holds up - but I don't usually knit with fibers that don't hold up to some handling).  There are so few things in life where you can get a do-over.

Here is the before picture - see those last couple of rows?
Yeah, they just bugged the heck out of me.  But things are all better now.  Well, except for the cast on of my test knit.  I was an idiot and did a long tail cast on, instead of a knitted cast on, or some other looser cast on.  I'm still trying to decide if I should rip it back and start over.  Knowing me, I probably will.

Pattern:  Hale-Bopp MKAL by Ambah O'Brien
Yarn:  Zen Yarn Garden Serenity 20
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment