Friday, November 11, 2016

Peacock Shawl - Chart A Done

I finished up my test knit this past Sunday so I decided to finally cast on the Peacock Shawl.  I bought the kit back in June, but didn't really have time to get started on it because I had so much else going on both at work (five safety review board meetings in five weeks, including a two day meeting in California), Camp Loopy, and test knitting.  But things are winding down a little and I'm getting back to some projects that have been patiently waiting in the wings.
This is the yarn set that came in the kit.  The skeins are worked from left to right.  I finished up Chart A earlier this week - the detail is hard to see in the picture, the yarn is pretty dark.  I'm almost finished with the first time through Chart B.  The pattern calls for alternating skeins when you switch, similar to the transitions recommended for working The Unique Sheep gradiance sets, but I'm not sure I'm going to do that.

Pattern:  Peacock Shawl by Sivia Harding
Yarn:  Yarn Fairy Pixie Sock Medium AKA Fairy Medium Sock in Peacock
Needles:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment