Saturday, April 23, 2016

Peacock Feathers - Six Rows of Diamonds Done

I took this project with me last week to Tennessee and North Carolina.  I figured it would be good car knitting.  Bruce and I first went to Tennessee so he could show me his Dad's place.  His Dad passed away in November, just a couple of weeks before mine, and he wanted me to see the place and help him decide what to do with it.  I suggested that we do it the same week that I go to Hawkesdene for The Unique Sheep Retreat as I was already taking that week off from work, and the Retreat is only a couple of hours away from the house in Tennessee.  I like the house.  It is right on a lake, and the land there has a nice feel to it.  The Cumberland Plateau overlooks it.  We're keeping it for now with the idea of moving there in a couple of years.  I'm eligible to retire in 2018.  It is smaller than our house here, only a single floor with a fully finished walk out basement but it has some distinct possibilities.  There is a full kitchen in the basement, and there is a garage built into the side of a hill.  That space is huge and has a strange appeal to me.  It needs a fair bit of work to make it habitable again, but it has such possibilities.

I will probably finish up this shawl today, just to get it done.  I love the way the color patterns repeat themselves in the diamonds.

Here is another photo, taken on my dress maker dummy.

Pattern:  Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend by Louise Robert
Yarn:  Biscotte & Cie Bis-Sock in Peacock Feathers
Needles:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment