Saturday, October 31, 2015

Lothlorien Cape - Chart 1 Done

I finished up Chart 1 this morning, with 10 grams left of skein 2 (you can see the remains sitting on the shoulder of the dress maker dummy).  I'll switch to skein 1 soon.  I'm not sure when I'll get my additional yarn to finish this, but I already have my next project picked out.  The yarn came last week.
This is Bare Naked Wools Confection Worsted.  Bruce was surprised when I pulled it out of the bag because it is natural (the color is Nougat) and I usually go for color.  I ran across the quintessential over-size cabled sweater - what I think of as a "car coat" - on Ravelry and simply had to make it.  The pattern is Vendange by Anne Hanson and it is just a classic.  I thought about doing it in a Spirit Trail Fiber Works yarn so I could make it in a color, but I think it needs to be done in a natural wool color.

I haven't forsaken color completely.  I also received my yarn for my next test knit.
Pacific Sunset on Tinsel Toes.  But I think I'm going to use this to make another Open Eye Tunic - using the 2 left-most skeins for the panel inserts and the other 4 for the body.  I have a set of Silverlode on Luxe that I think I will use for the test knit.

Pattern:  Lothlorien Cape by Susan Pandorf
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Wild Thing in Summer's End
Needles:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment