Thursday, October 22, 2015

Lothlorien Cape - Skeins 6 and 5 Done

I've had this set in my stash for a little while and I pulled it out recently inspired by another Raveler's Lothlorien Cape.  It was sitting in a corner of my living room for when I was looking for a project to take with me to Ohio.  I have almost finished one test knit - just the bind off and the tech editing left - and I haven't jumped into my next test knit (although I have the yarn).  I didn't feel like working yet another shawl and I wasn't feeling up to working on an actual garment that requires me to check gauge and potentially modify the pattern, so I pulled this out.  I figured the cables would keep it interesting so I wound all of the skeins into cakes, dug out some needles, and set up the pattern in knitCompanion.

This is another pattern from Susan Pandorf's Fellowship of the Ring set.  Her first set in her Tolkien inspired designs.

I cast on in the Element on the way to Yellow Springs, Ohio, to visit family, finishing up Skein 6 while we were there and starting Skein 5.  I finished Skein 5 this morning and have just started working with Skein 4.

Pattern:  Lothlorien Cape by Susan Pandorf
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Wild Thing in Summer's End
Needles:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment