Saturday, October 3, 2015

Karamagara Shawl - Chart 1 Done

I finished up Peter Pan last Sunday but haven't been able to get good photos, other than blocking shots.  I messed around with a couple of other projects but really didn't find anything that caught my interest so I grabbed this kit from my stash.  I bought it some time ago from Earthfaire.
I am not using the beads that came with the kit, instead I am using green-lined chartreuse.  I have also changed the bead placement.  The pattern has beads going up the spines of the yarn over, knit 1, yarn over lines, but they don't really lay very well when you stack them like that for any length.  Instead I am outlining the lace motif, placing the beads after working the k2tog and ssk stitches.  The original pattern also had the wings on either side of the central lace panel worked in garter stitch, but I'm working them in stockinette.  I just think they will block out better that way.

I did get a wonderful bundle of yarny goodness from The Unique Sheep on Friday, including yarn for a test knit, so I will have to get started on that this weekend.

Pattern: Karamagara Shawl by Chrissy Prange
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Tinsel Toes in Mermaid Bouquet
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment