Sunday, September 14, 2014

Liken MKAL - Clue 1

I decided to take a break from my Autumn Dress and finish up clue 1 of the Liken MKAL.  This is a Sivia Harding MKAL and the design is inspired by a Shelf Lichen that she saw on San Juan Island.  Three color kits of Abstract Fiber yarn were created and I picked this set.  The yarn is O'Keefe, 80% superwash merino and 20% silk.
Not very lichen like, but colors I'm a sucker for - Pearl, Smitten (the purple) and Burnside Bridge (the variegated).  While I was working the first clue it occurred to me that I had some colors in my stash that would make a nice combination.
This is Serenity 20 from Zen Yarn Garden, one of my favorite fingering yarns.  It is 70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere and 10% nylon.  The colors, from left to right are:  Divinity, Cherry Garcia and Chestnut.  I'm not going to start a second shawl, though, until I finish the first one.  I have enough projects on my needles.

Project:  Liken MKAL by Sivia Harding
Yarn:  Abstract Fibers O'Keefe in Pearl, Smitten and Burnside Bridge
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment