Saturday, September 6, 2014

Autumn Dress - 1 skein done

I have knitted up the first of my six skeins.  Well, actually it is the 6th skein in the order of the set.  I have already wound up the next skein and joined it to my first one.  If you look at the strand of yarn the runs to the ball you will see the join, a little thicker and with two ends.  Once it is knitted in you will hardly be able to see it, and after it is blocked all I have to do is snip those two ends, no further weaving in is needed.  It is a brilliant way to join lace and fingering weight yarn in shawls.  It is not my invention but was shared on The Unique Sheep's Mystery Lace KALs by Steph, also known as Seccotine on Ravelry.  The rest of the skirt is more of the same, with spaced decreases gradually reducing the circumference until you get to the bodice.  Easy mindless knitting, made fun by the changing colors of The Unique Sheep yarns and the magic that they put in to every skein.  I've said this before but I'll say it again, working with their yarn makes me happy in a way that no other yarn I've ever worked with does, not even the softest merino wool or silk or cashmere.  There is special magic in their work.

I didn't bother with a gauge swatch, but when I checked my gauge it is spot on.  Sometimes things just happen that way.  Serendipity.

Project:  Alita Dress by Adrienne Larsen from Knitter's Magazine 116, Fall 2014
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Autumn for Ana
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment