I have finished up the second skein and started the third. I would have been a skein further along except that last weekend I had to start all over again, ripping completely back. My first error was not catching an error in the set up row, which left me two stitches short in each section. I figured that out about half way through the first skein and decided to handle it by just skipping one of the decreases. Then I was merrily knitting along with the second skein when I realized that somewhere along the line my stitch count had gotten all messed up. At some point (possibly more than once) I had randomly messed up my rows, decreasing on rest rows I think was the chief culprit. I counted stitches in my sections and realized how messed up things were so I just ripped back. When I got to skein 1 I cut the join and then cast on again, knitting while unraveling. But now that first row is correct and so is everything else. I'm counting on the lace rows and using a row counter, neither of which I was doing the first go around. It just goes to show you what over confidence can lead to. This time around I am also tightening up the decrease stitches, especially the centered double decrease (CDD). I noticed when I was knitting the first go that sometimes the stitch just in front of the CDD was loose. Now I give the yarn a little tug after working the CDD and the next stitch as well and things look better.
Project: Alita Dress by Adrienne Larsen from Knitter's Magazine 116, Fall 2014
Yarn: The Unique Sheep Luxe in Autumn for Ana
Needles: US 4 (3.5 mm)