Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Baroque Violet Folded - Finished!

I finished this up on Monday.  I love working sweaters in fingering weight yarn, they come out so light and drapey. This one fits me better than it does my dress maker dummy because my shoulders are broader.  The pattern was easy to follow, well-written with good explanations of the stitches and techniques.  It is worked from the bottom up in the round, so very little finishing.  I joined the sleeves with three needle bind off instead of grafting because I prefer that technique when working bottom up raglans.  I actually did the joining when the pattern called for starting to work the sleeves and body together and left a tail from the sleeves to close up those pesky little holes.  Of course I finished it up on a really hot day (in the 90s) and it's been hot all week.  I'm looking forward to the cooler weather so I can wear my sweaters.  Now I just need to figure out which of my numerous sweater projects I want to start next.  So much yarn, so many beautiful patterns, so little time.

Pattern:  Folded by Veera Valimaki
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Pashmina in Baroque Violet
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm) & US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment