Sunday, September 29, 2013

Watership Down - Clue 7 - Half way done

I spent most of yesterday working on my Watership Down mystery shawl and managed to get through half of Clue 7.  Clue 8, the final clue, came out this past Friday and one of the test knitters has posted a picture of her shawl on the spoiler thread, so it is no longer a mystery.  Clue 8 is another knitted on border, so after I finish this one, I get to pick up all of the slipped stitches on this border and then knit into the front and back of each one and do another border using skein 4 (on the left).
That will get me more into the browns.  This is an interesting shawl design and you could have a lot of fun playing with colors.

I have been using Knit Companion on my iPad while knitting the border (I also used Knit Companion while knitting my Open Eye Tunic).  I have found that the app is very useful if you are repeating a chart multiple times.  If you use the smart counter you can even set the number of repeats that you are supposed to do and it will keep track of them for you, which makes knit on borders (also know as never ending borders or NEBs) more bearable.  I did not use it when I was knitting the body of the shawl because there were three charts, and we were only going through each one once.  Plus they all fit onto a single page.

Project:  Watership Down by Janine le Cras
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Selene in Insecta
Needle:  US 3 (3.25 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment