Thursday, July 4, 2013

Catkin - Section 1 Done

The second Camp Loopy project is to do something that has been popular but you haven't done.  My friend and fellow camper Erin decided she wanted to do Catkin, so I decided to join her.  The funny thing is that this was going to be my very first Camp Loopy project back in 2011.  At that time I bought Dream in Color Smooshy in Lunar Zazzle and Night Watch.  I ended up knitting Over the Moon instead - a much easier project.  This time around I went for Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere, and I bought Blue Skies Ahead and Rosy.  Not only did I like the colors, I also like the positive attitude engendered by the color names.  They don't have as much contrast as most of the other color choices for this shawl, but I like them.  I usually agonize over color choices, but I'm getting better about not doing that.  Originally I was going to start with the blue, but when I was swatching I decided that the colors would look better the other way around.

Pattern:  Catkin by Carina Spencer
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere in Blue Skies Ahead and Rosy
Needles:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment