Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mosaic Four-Patch - Done!

Yesterday morning I finished up the other four little blocks and blocked them and then had to wait for them to dry.  You know how it is when you want to finish a project and you just have to wait for something to dry, whether is is paint or yarn.  This morning I woke up at 6:30 with the beginnings of a migraine so I got up, took half an Excedrin Migraine and started assembling the little blocks, which was harder than it should have been.  I tried the single crochet technique, the invisible join and finally settled on whip stitch through the back loop only, but getting everything to line up correctly proved to be challenging.

For joining the two blocks together I held them with the right sides together and started just inside the corner, leaving a tail for finishing.  For joining the two sets of two together I held them right sides together and worked from the center outwards.  Where the four blocks meet a stitched and X through both loops of the central triple crochet, following the maxim that if you can't hide it don't try, make it part of the design.  As I was doing the double crochet edging I would work just past where two blocks met and then go back and do a little bar stitch joining the central triple crochets through both loops.

Project:   Mosaic Four-Patch by Melinda Miller,  September 2011 Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month
Yarn:  Pashmi in Blueberry and Mint
Hook: C -2.75 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment