Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mosaic Four-Patch - 2 down, 6 to go

Getting back into the work mind-set after two weeks off has been intense and exhausting.  I did manage to knit a few rows on my Color Study shawl during telecons, but haven't had much energy for knitting once I got home.  For several months, however, there has been a small project bag sitting on the bolster of my day bed with the yarn and pattern and crochet hook for a crochet block set from The Unique Sheep.  It was so close, so easy to pick up, and I have been thinking about crochet.  And here we are, 3 days later with two little blocks done and a third almost complete.  As you can see, there are two colors and I am alternating which one I start with.  I am currently working on the second little block with a green center.  The reason for this is pure laziness, the last color I used on the just completed little block is the first one I use on the next little block.

I really am enjoying the pattern, which is good because I have to make 8 of these little blocks. I especially love the petals in the center motif.  After I get done with that part I always sit and fondle it a bit before moving on.  I am fascinated by crochet.  I love how easy is is to weave in the ends and I love the quantized nature of crochet.  Each stitch is its own entity, complete in its existence.  It makes it so easy to rip back to fix mistakes.  So is crochet like particles and knitting like waves?  Unlike a crochet stitch, a single stitch of knitting cannot exist on its own, it must exist in a continuum or a field.

Project:   Mosaic Four-Patch by Melinda Miller,  September 2011 Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month
Yarn:  Pashmi in Blueberry and Mint
Hook: C -2.75 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment