Saturday, January 19, 2013

Field Day - 2 Blocks Done!

Finished the second block this morning, and wound the yarn for the next set of blocks that I am going to do.  These blocks are only 7 inches. I tend to crochet a little tighter with the Luxe.  I may just add another round or two to get them to match the other Luxe blocks.

Since Christmas I have been using my Fujitsu Stylistic for blogging instead of my Dell Mini because my Mini died.  Blogging has been a little different because my Stylistic does not have a keyboard, it is a tablet PC and uses a stylus. The handwriting recognition rocks, and my handwriting is getting better again after years of decline from disuse, but it has definitely had an impact on my blogging.  It isn't any harder, from a technical perspective, it is just that writing your thoughts down us opposed to typing them changes how you express them, for me at least.  For years I kept a journal, writing in it with a fountain pen.  I still have the pens, and bottles of ink in a variety of colors, and even some empty journals.  Writing this way on a computer is an interesting hybrid, the old fashioned long hand combined with modern editing capabilities.

Pattern:  Field Day by Margaret MacInnis, November 2012 Unique Sheep Crochet Block of the Month Club
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Luxe in Honey Comb and Brown Bear
Hook: 2.75 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment