Monday, March 12, 2012

Sea Monster Bead Necklace

I'm not sure what to call this necklace.  Is the focal bead some kind of strange sea monster?  Or perhaps an alien artifact?  Or even an alien insect.  I finished it up last night and I am pretty happy with how it came out.  I wanted to try and pick up the cool spirals in the main body that you can really only see in strong daylight, and I think I have done that with the spiral bead rope mimicking the spiral design.  I went for the teal and the yellow and left out the white.  For a clasp I used a vintage button that I bought at Bead & Button.  One year there were two very nice young ladies in the booth next to ours selling vintage buttons as well as reproductions of vintage buttons.
Materials:
10 grams - 3.4 mm  Japanese Drops - Beadcats stock # D-34-579-90, aqua-green transparent lined with tan
8 grams - size 11 beads - Beadcats stock # 2-11-443-90, clear lined with light yellow
2 grams - size 11 beads - Beadcats stock # 2-11-690-75, turquoise green silver-lined semi-gloss
Technique:  spiral rope

No comments:

Post a Comment