Friday, March 23, 2012

Le Petit Prince - Mystery Shawl - Clue 2

Clues for The Unique Sheep Mystery KALs always come out early on Fridays, although usually I don't get a chance to knit them until I get home from work.  But today I didn't go to work.  They have been doing a security drill all week and they only wanted essential people on base today.  Of course, they couldn't actually tell us not to work because that would be illegal, nor could they actually close the base and send us home on Administrative leave because that would have been illegal as well due to the fact that the event was planned (as opposed to a weather emergency).  The funny thing is that VDOT put up signs warning motorists of the drill and possible back ups this past week, but I don't think there have been any.  They even put up a temporary traffic camera.  I think a lot of people just took the week off (like my husband) to avoid dealing with it.  Taking today off not only gave me the opportunity to be the first to post the finished clue on Ravelry, it also gives me a two day weekend as I have to fly to California on Sunday for work.  At least I will earn some travel comp time.

No comments:

Post a Comment