Friday, September 18, 2026

Step Into Christmas Hat - Chart A Done!

Okay, this is definitely potato chip knitting.  After I switched to the larger needle and started the colorwork I just couldn’t stop.  I had to make myself stop when I reached the end of Chart A, although I did start the first round of Chart B just so I could take care of switching the yarn colors - weaving in the light green and the dark red.  I did try the brim on when I was halfway through the round where I switched to the larger needle and I’m happy to report that it fit beautifully.  I’m really enjoying this knit.  I do like working with fingering weight yarns, and I do like colorwork.  I did replace the red bobbles in the second motif with red beads, because I am not a fan of bobbles, and I thought beads would just be a nice touch, and of course I had the perfect beads in my bead stash.  On to Chart B.  This is going to be a quick knit.

Pattern:  Step Into Christmas Hat by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn:  lolodidit  Lil Lolo Loringal
Needles:  US 1 (2.25 mm), US 2 (2.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment