Sunday, September 6, 2026

Dress it Up - Finished!

I finished this shawl up this past Tuesday, and blocked it on Wednesday.  The bind off wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, and actually seemed to go a little bit faster than I imagined it would.  I got a fair bit done on Sunday evening during a Zoom meeting, and then just kept working away at it Monday and Tuesday.  The beads add a nice weight to the shawl, and give it some extra body.  The shawl will be pretty easy to wear, with the long crescent shape.  I am very glad that I frogged The Way Ahead Wrap and knit this pattern instead with these yarns, this pattern just shows them off beautifully.  Now I have to figure out what to work on next.  I do have several WIPs, but casting on something new is always a temptation.

Pattern:  Dress it Up by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn:  Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment