Friday, September 11, 2026

Sky Song MKAL - Clue 1 Finished!

I know, another Mystery Knit Along, and we all know how the last one ended.  But there are Miss Babs kits!  And I can never resist Miss Babs kits!  How can anyone resist those colors?  The Yummy 2-Ply Toes are Sunshine of Your Love and the dark color is McHales.  The designer is Lisa K. Ross, and I love her shawl designs (the last project I finished was also one of hers).  She is so good at shawl construction and the use of colors.  I have done a couple of her Mystery Knit Alongs and have never been disappointed, and I have Miss Babs kits for a number of them that are just waiting to be knit up.
True to form, this one started out interesting.  And all of the pieces have song title names, to go along with the theme of Sky Song.  First the piece on the left - Brand New Day by Van Morrison.  Then the piece on the right - Morning Has Broken by Cat Stevens.  I have that song on CD, and we sang it in Chorus when was in high school (a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away).
And here are the backs of my pieces.  The pattern recommends weaving in all those ends as you go, to save yourself trouble later, so that is what I did.  It was a little bit fiddly at the start of each of the colors, but not too bad.  Clue 2 has already dropped and I already have it set up in my knitCompanion app.  In clue 2 we join the pieces, which is why they are pinned out the way they are, because that is how they are going to go together, and I get to work lace bands in the colors in reverse order.  The width stays the same.  When I was working Clue 1 I was counting after every increase row to make sure that I didn’t forget to work an increase, because I did forget when I was working the first piece and had to tink back to fix it.  The second piece has you start with a garter stitch tab, but it was only worked over 2 stitches (I usually work them over 3).  It was super fiddly, and it just looked bumpy and ugly, so I ripped it out and just cast on 7 stitches and went with it.  I think it looks just fine, and it was not near as fiddly.

Pattern:  Sky Song by Lisa K. Ross
Yarn:  Miss Babs Yummy 2-Ply
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment