Friday, March 24, 2023

Holly Sweater - Body Done

Thanks to six hours of meetings yesterday I was able to finish most of the body of my Holly Sweater, finishing up the ribbing this afternoon.  I only did eight rows of the ribbing, to match the collar. I do not like a lot of ribbing.  I have considerably less ease than is recommended by the pattern, but I am pretty slender and would get lost in the sweater if I had knit it to the pattern gauge.  I do like the gauge that I am knitting to, I think the stitch work looks pretty good and I’m pretty psyched to be on the sleeves of my first Fair Isle pullover.  I have several other Fair Isle projects lined up to tackle next.  This has been such a great learning experience for me.  I have tried it on and I am very happy with the fit.

Pattern:  Holly Sweater by Ruth Sorensen
Yarn:  Shetland Wool
Needles:  US 2.5 (3.0 mm) and US 3 (3.25 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment