Friday, March 24, 2023

Advertence - Clue 3 Done

I finally put aside my Holly Sweater long enough to work Clue 3 of Advertence.  I actually knit about half of this clue twice.  The change in mosaic pattern resulted in the garter stripes on the edges getting longer, and I just didn’t like the look of that, so I ripped back and added extra slipped stitches along the edge where appropriate when I could without disturbing the new mosaic pattern.  It doesn’t completely preserve the edge pattern from clue 2, but I think it does enough to fool the eye, without making the new mosaic pattern look strange.  My left edge appears to be a bit looser than the right edge, I will have to keep an eye on that.  Hopefully it won’t be too noticeable once it is blocked.

Pattern:  Advertence by Janica York Carter
Yarn:  Expression Fiber Arts Mirage Sport
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment