Saturday, October 22, 2022

Void Socks - Cast On!

As soon as I finished the Celestial socks I caked up the yarn for the Void socks and cast on.  I did find a knot in the skein, which is annoying, as the larger of the two cakes I ended up with is not enough to make two complete socks, and the smaller of the two cakes is not enough for one complete sock, so one sock will have a join in it.

I started out with 80 stitches, same as I did for the Celestial Socks, and just worked the extra stitches into the pattern.
I also decreased every 12 rows, during the pattern section, and ended up working 64 rows (16 repeats) of the pattern before I started the heel flap.  I worked the decreases with the first and last two stitches on each needle as that seemed to be the least disruptive to the pattern.  I also am doing a right twist instead of a left twist as the pattern calls for.  The right twist is easier to work - no trying to work into the back of that second stitch - and somehow I don’t think the orientation really matters.

Pattern:  The Void Socks by Melanie Gibbons 
Yarn:  Madelinetosh Tosh Socks in Logwood
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment