Sunday, October 23, 2022

Mermaid - Twelve Skeins Done

This is good mindless knitting, for reading, or watching TV.  I did set this aside while I concentrated on my Celestial Socks, but pulled it out again this weekend when I decided on what I was going to do to finish the neck and armholes.  I-Cord.  The typical finish would be ribbing, but I really didn’t want to do that.  I thought about some sort of fancy knit on edging, but in the end decided to just keep it simple.  The color is Skein 24.  I am going to continue knitting until I have used up the rest of the Advent set, and I will do another I-cord bind off at the end.  If I do another one of these I will start with an I-cord cast on and work short rows to get all of the shaping, which I think will give a nicer neck line.  I have started adding some increases to give a little more ease as I go over my hips.  The top portion has about 3-4 inches of ease, so I will probably try to keep that ease amount going.

Pattern:  Simple Raglan from KnitsThatFit 
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Rare Breed Advent Calendar - Sport Weight
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment