Saturday, October 22, 2022

Celestial Socks - Done!

While the first sock took a very long time to complete (about 20 months), the second sock only took me three days.  I will confess that I did not actually count the stitches that I picked up along the side of the gusset, I just decreased until I was back to 34 stitches for that needle.  I did use a row counter to keep track of how many rows I knit on the first sock so that I could match with the second, but I also counted the repeats of the pattern on the top of the foot, because sometimes I just forgot to click the row counter.  I decreased every other round for the toes until I had 12 stitches left (the pattern had you decrease every other row, and then every row, until 4 stitches remained) and then grafted to close up the hole.  I am well pleased with the fit.

Pattern:  Celestial Socks by Melanie Gibbons
Yarn:  1 Akasha Zeropoint Colorworks SW, N Quasi-Solido Sock
Needle:  US 1 (2.25 mm)


No comments:

Post a Comment