Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Shimmer & Shine - Cast On!

Ambah O’Brien released her pattern Woollsia recently and is hosting a knit along for the it, with prizes.  I already have two Ambah patterns on the needles, but decided to cast on anyway.  I was thinking about using one of my many gradiance sets but the other two Ambah projects I have going are using mini-skein sets and I just didn’t feel like messing with another one, so I grabbed this yarn out of my recent acquisitions pile.  It is Sundara Yarn Extra Fine Fingering Merino in the colorway Shimmer & Shine.

The shawl is a basic boomerang shawl, a shape I love, and garter stitch, which I also actually enjoy, with some eyelet lace thrown in every eight rows to give it a little variety.  I may work a knit on border when I’m done.  We’ll see.

Pattern:  Woollsia by Ambah O’Brien
Yarn:  Sundara Yarns Extra Fine Fingering Merino
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment