Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Calming the Storm - Finished!

As I was working my way through the first skein I thought I would never make it to the end of this project.  But by the time I got into the second skein things seemed to go faster and I cranked through the third skein in no time at all.  I finished this up this past Sunday, with the month only barely half over.  I used 816 yards, which gives me a little cushion on the 800 yards required for the third Camp Loopy project.  I really enjoyed camp this year, and I’m a little sorry to see it end.  While I’ve made a lot of shawls, I’ve only made two out of yarn that is heavier than fingering.  I like the heavier weight shawls.

Pattern:  Calming the Storm by Lisa Hannes
Yarn:  Magpie Fibers Swanky DK in Drops of Jupiter
Needle:  US 6 (4.0 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment