Friday, May 10, 2019

Winter Wonderland Vest - Finished!

I finished this up last Sunday, reading and knitting and listening to the rain fall on the roof.  A perfect morning.  It took a while to dry and then it took a while to get a reasonable picture.  I had to find another easy project to put in my work bag, so I pulled out a sock project that I started just over two years ago.  One of these days I may actually finish them, although I don't get much time for knitting at work any more.  I received a promotion two weeks ago, I am now the Chief Engineer for the Engagement Systems Safety Branch, which has been keeping me super busy.  Maybe when I have a document to review I'll be able to pull them out.  In the meantime, I've been digging through my stash, planning more projects, and working on my latest test knit.  The first chart has been taking forever.  I even did videos of the tricky stitch, called a "bunny ear decrease".  It is a way to decrease 3 stitches into 2 stitches symmetrically.  It is not so hard when done from the knit side, but when done from the purl side it is pretty fiddly.  Thankfully I am almost done.

Pattern:  Practically by Kelly Herdrich
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Super Wool Worsted in Winter Wonderland
Needle:  US 7 (4.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment