Sunday, May 12, 2019

Dusky Nor'easter - Two Skeins Done

I've had to stop working n my test knit while I wait for beads.  Shocking, I know, but none of the beads that I have in my stash will work.  So, I've been focusing on my Dusky Nor'easter.  I think in real life the bottom of the sweater won't come down quite so far, but I can only put it so far up on my dress maker dummy without pulling the stitches off of my knitting needles.
You can actually see the color difference between the two skeins that I've used so far - such is the risk of using these yarns.  I know "they" suggest using two skeins at a time and alternating them every other row, but I think that would just give me stripes.  So, unless you want to unply the two skeins and reply them so that you're using half the plies from each skein with the other skein, I'm not sure what the right answer is.  I just don't mind the variation.

Pattern:  Nor'easter by Thea Colman
Yarn:  Dream in Color Classy in Dusky Aurora
Needle:  US 6 (4 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment