Monday, May 27, 2019

She Sells Seashells - Second Increase

This photo was taken just before I did the second increase row, effectively doubling my stitch count.  After I did my increase row I counted, just to make sure I had the correct number of stitches, and I was off by 3 stitches.  I went back and looked at my two eyelet rows and discovered that on the second eyelet row I had missed a yarn over, which dropped my stitch count by 1, which meant that I had 170 stitches, instead of 171.  The increase row is supposed to 171 - 6 + 1 = 166 stitches, which would give me 337 stitches total, 331 body stitches and 6 edge stitches, but I only had 328 body stitches, and I needed 2 more stitches on the body to be able to work an even number of repeats of the lace pattern in the next section.  Fortunately the pattern calls for another increase at the beginning and end of the row on the next row, which I had not noticed when I was working my modifications. Before I counted I wasn't going to work those increase, but I ended up working them to make up for my missed stitch.  I may do another increase at the end of my first lace row, just to get my stitch count up to what it is supposed to be for my modifications, and because it makes the beginning and end of the row symmetrical.

Pattern:  Snowmelt by Helen Stewart
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 4 (3.5 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment