Sunday, October 7, 2018

Tourmaline Lace - Two Sections Done

About two weeks ago I was sitting at work thinking about knitting, which happens fairly often.  Bias lace shawls have been all the rage lately and I wanted to knit one using a set that The Unique Sheep created for Casapinka's Crown Wools MKAL.  The set is called Crystals.
When I got home from work I looked through the lace patterns that I've saved to my knitting Pinterest board until I found one that I thought would work when knit on the bias and charted it in Stitchmastery.  Then I took the 12-skein set downstairs and laid it out on my work table.  I knew that I did not want to knit the set in order because I wanted more contrast between the sections, so I played around and came up with this.
The pattern is super simple, lace sections separated by garter stripe sections for switching colors, and easily modified.  On the first garter stripe section I used the final color, and on the last garter stripe section I will use the first color.  I'll write up the pattern when I'm done and offer it for free on Ravelry.

Pattern:  Easy Bias Lace by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment