Saturday, October 13, 2018

Tourmaline Lace - Four Sections Done

One third of the way.  I will confess to having a few doubts about my color order when I started using  the blue, but now that I'm bringing another pink in I'm really happy with it.  Basically when I mixed up the colors I interlaced the two gradient sections, placing the speckled skeins in where I thought they would fit.
This is the original order of the skeins.
When pairing colors I tried to match the values - hue, intensity, saturation - pulling the blues to one end and the greens to the other and tying it together with the pinks and speckles.  For the starting and ending skeins I had to have colors that would work together, but I didn't want to have two speckles.

Pattern:  Easy Bias Lace by Carolyn Blakelock
Yarn:  The Unique Sheep Kiri
Needle:  US 5 (3.75 mm)

No comments:

Post a Comment